SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, the Stewarding Aide is responsible for kitchen stewarding tasks such as dish-washing, pot washing and ware washing. May require project work including detail cleaning, floor work and special projects as needed. Additional duties may be assigned under guidance of Supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duty list for stewarding tasks provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within the required timeline given
- Follows a monthly “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the Site Specific Training Guide
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of basic dish-washing and housekeeping tasks
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Khaki Pants and non-slip black work shoes. Sneakers or any show which looks like a sneaker is not acceptable.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by Cintas Uniform Company. Eleven (11) shirts will be provided and laundered each week. Uniform shirts will be kept in the employee’s locker on site.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.